Click here to register: http://www.meetup.com/daviescreativeworkshops/events/101413282/
Date: Sunday, February 24th at 1:00 pm
Location: Davies Creative Photography – 4593 Broadway, Boulder, CO 80304
In this class we will introduce the use of flash and strobe lighting.
- We will review the basics of flash photography and the impact they have on your exposure.
- We will discuss all the different types of lighting available including flash, strobes, hot lights, reflectors and more.
- We will cover the fundamental controls that all lights have.
- We will discuss the different types of flash and strobe and why you might choose them.
- We will discuss the different ways that flashes & strobes can be triggered and the implications of those choices.
You should bring your camera with you. If you have a flash for your camera, feel free to bring it along, but it is not required. Lighting and triggering methods will be provided. This is a beginner class and there is a lot of theory, so hands-on time is lower in this class. The intermediate class will have significantly more hands-on as we go beyond the fundamentals into more complex topics.
Students should have basic understanding of the exposure controls: how to set your camera to manual mode and how to adjust shutter speed, aperture and ISO. If you are unsure, please bring your camera’s manual with you to class.
If you prefer to pay by a method other than PayPal (including credit card, cash at the door, etc) please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org (or use the “Contact Us” link at the left) and I will get you registered for the workshop.
Here is what past attendees have said about this workshop:
Good information, reinforced what I knew & added more to my brain (now to keep it in there) – Michael L.
I’ve never worked with flash or strobes, so the foundation information this class provided was great. I really liked the info on multiple flashes and lighting scenes (key, fill, rim, etc). – John P.