We will work in a beautiful lake setting to learn about creating beautiful portraits. We will begin with natural light and learn how to use the sun and reflectors to light a portrait. As it gets darker we will transition to using flash balanced with the ambient light to create natural looking images.
I have one model confirmed, and we will add models as necessary.
Items we will cover include:
- Finding the light.
- Understanding how to meter for great exposures.
- Analyzing the environment to produce the best images.
- Using reflectors and diffusers to enhance the lighting situation.
- Using flash to augment natural light.
- Using gels to make artificial light seem more natural.
- And much more!
Here is what previous attendess had to say:
- I’m new to portrait photography. This workshop brought my confidence up to a new level. Working with Matt was fantastic. I will try to make everyone of his workshops that my job will allow. Thanks Matt! – Shannon
- This was a great workshop. Matt had prepared materials, presented what we need to know, and then assisted us on our shoot. Looking forward to more classes with this group. – Fred